Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy day!

I don't like reading my blog and seeing all the sad and negative. It's just not me. Yes, it's a part of my life right now but the good still outweighs the bad, it always has. So here's to counting the latest blessings:

1) My mom had a good day Tuesday - IV out, 12 pound weight gain (who'd have thought that would be a good thing?), a visit to her house to see her cats (she cried), advances in her meds.
2) I love the crispness of fall weather, finding my flannel jammies in the back of the closet, and eating homemade apple pie.
3) I'm watching the sun rise and last night I watched the sun set with my mom and sister.
4) I love my job.
5) It's fun to have Amy and her cat Lupita living at home.
6) We video chatted with Andrea last night.
7) My house is fairly clean for the first time in a long time.
8) Conference is next week.
9) I love my life, even with all the hard stuff. It's a good life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kaye, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's failing health. My parents are living with my grandma because she can no longer be on her own. She has had several strokes (TIA's) and she just isn't the same anymore. It is hard for my mom too, and she's working 40 hours a week. My grandma isn't herself, something I experienced first hand this summer-- it was difficult. Hang in there, you are so good!

    love you,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like finding your flannel jammies too..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :)

    ReplyDelete