Sunday, October 11, 2009

I Stand All Amazed

I got to go to our stake conference today. I haven't been to church much lately because of my mom's needs. It was so nice to listen to uplifting talks and beautiful music. One song in particular, brought tears to my eyes. And down my cheeks. And onto my dress. It was a beautiful reminder that in the middle of even the most trying times, our Savior is there for us. The choir sang "I Stand All Amazed," and the words sank into my heart one at a time. I know he died for me and that anything I have to face that's hard, he has already faced it for me.

I decided today I would write some things that I stand all amazed at:
~the colorful changing fall leaves
~medical knowledge
~the love and support of family and friends
~gospel principals that bring nothing but happiness
~the excitement of my great-nephews looking at a Jerusalem beetle and a scorpion with Riley
~that I have an incredible job where I get to interact with bright young students
~hot chocolate chip cookies out of the oven

It's a good life. An amazing life.

1 comment:

  1. Kaye,
    You are amazing! Thank you for sharing. When I read your blog - it made me think of a quote that I have in a "Hope" journal that my daughter made me. "Enduring..means remaining faithful, with hope and trust, being there in all ways, still trying our best, and enjoying everything that is good, with the trust that what is not so good will be for our blessing in the end, if we give it all we have. Even the hardest parts have a purpose, which cannot be served any other way."

    I "stand all amazed" at your wisdom in enjoying what is good - even when there are things not so good around you. You are an inspiration to me. I am sorry for the condition of your mom - and feel your sadness in wanting the "old" mom back.

    Church was a lift for me too yesterday. I am so looking forward to serving the YW with you and Sarah and Linda. I love the YW and am eager to serve them - but I also am selfish in that I am looking forward to the association with the ladies in the presidency as I know my life will be extremely blessed by working/serving and rubbing shoulders with you all!!

    Take care my friend and CARRY ON! I will pray for you!

    Love you
    Judi

    ReplyDelete