Sunday, August 1, 2010

Learning good things

I've finally gotten into the habit of reading my scriptures daily. I decided I wouldn't read the newspaper or look at the computer (two things I do every morning) until I read at least one chapter. It's been three weeks now and I started because I was looking for some spiritual guidance which I have received many times over. It's funny how I know reading the scriptures is good for my heart and soul, yet I don't make time for it. I hope to keep my habit going now.

This morning I thought of all the little people who come to my house and how they learn what to do and what not to do. Don't put things in the fish tanks, don't stick your fingers in the sockets, say please and thank you. As little kids we had to learn things by being told something over and over until it stuck. We learned one thing at a time. It's the same thing with the scriptures - we are asked to read them over and over and we learn one thing at a time, line upon line, precept on precept. Little kids become better listeners and better people by listening, learning and knowing. Big kids do too. Big kids like me and anyone else who is willing to listen and learn to become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment