Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happiness comes in many forms

It made me happy to listen to the rain on the sunroom skylights this morning. There are newly-planted poppies in my front flower area (thanks Amy). I've always wanted poppies in my garden - they make me happy too even though the Wicked Witch tried to use them to kill Dorothy (And now, my beauties - something with poison in it, I think. With poison in it, but attractive to the eye - and soothing to the smell - poppies! poppies! poppies!)

I get sidetracked easily.

There are many things that make me happy besides rain on my skylights and poppies:

1) taco salad
2) reading the morning paper in bed
3) parties at my house
4) Riley
5) humming hymns
6) having so many friends
7) ice cream with chunks of stuff and ribbons of goo in it (not walnuts)
8) finishing a prayer and receiving ideas and inspiration
9) reading about someone doing service for someone in dire need
10) giving service
11) laying on the grass (especially in Paris last month ...)
12) that old friends from my past have found me on facebook!
13) Costco roasted chicken
14) real snail mail from a friend or family member
15) when the scale reads lower than the day before
16) knowing I have a date to meet my sister for breakfast or lunch
17) reminiscing with my mom
18) crossing things off my to-do list
19) finding money in a pocket
20) laughing with my kids

I guess the list could go on and on. There are just so many great things about life. There is sadness in the world and horrible news in the papers every day. But the good far outweighs the bad, the happy outweighs the sad. I think Heavenly Father wants it that way. He created situations just so we can be happy. And I am.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Taco Salad is number 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taco salad have the most wonderful coming together of flavors. I could eat it every day.

    ReplyDelete