Friday, July 1, 2011

Riley on the other side of the world

This is the sixth year Riley has gone to Mongolia for a month. It's usually the whole month of July. I miss him. He left Monday and I was OK the first couple of nights - working Monday, at camp Tuesday, exhausted Wednesday from no sleep at camp. I have plenty to do (I'm going to make a list, wait for it ...) but it's just not fun having him gone. Like the Jerry McGuire movie, he completes me. Corny, but true.

I decided to make some goals for while he's gone:
1) Go to the temple once a week - going tomorrow.
2) Start my book (on winning contests) - I have a list and the beginning.
3) File the paperwork. I hate paperwork.
4) Put shelf liners in my cupboards (thanks Tamara).
5) Catch up on ironing. Did this tonight.
6) Clean out the storeroom - not really clean it OUT, just tidy it up.
7) Get the Tomb Room back in shape for guests. Amy helped with this and I've almost got it finished.
8) Eat better and exercise more.
9) Keep the garden watered and weeded.
10) Finish a project at work.
11) Get family reunion things ready.

I'll probably have to come up with some more goals since I've almost finished a couple. Plus I have fun people to play with this month and I'm sure I'll be needed at mom's. I just don't like not talking to Riley. I have to wait until July 10th or 11th to hear from him now since he's out in the middle of nowhere. Be safe and come home. That should be an easy goal for him.

1 comment:

  1. wowsa - that is quite the list! Hang in there - you're amazing. By the way, Ben is going to call you to invite you tomorrow, but the Jensens (Cliff adn Jeanette) invited us to their family/friend 24th breakfast that's actually on Saturday morning this year. Ben was talking to Cliff and they somehow were talking about you and Cliff said for you to come so you're oficially invited! Saturday morning at 8 or 8:30 - 10 am. Ben will let you know for sure. It's just at their house.

    ReplyDelete