Thursday, September 9, 2010

I hate thieves

Why are there crappy people in the world? Is it so we can appreciate nice people? Because I can appreciate nice people without having to deal with the crappy ones.

A year and a half ago it was the druggie thugs that broke into the cabin and stole a bunch of our family antiques and other items. Now I have a new mess to deal with because of some dishonest, thieving, creepy junkyard lowlife who stole my old Texas driver's license number and had checks made in my name, then passed worthless checks at stores like Wal-Mart back in 2001. If I sound angry, I am. There's currently a warrant out for my arrest from an investigator in Texas who thinks I perpetrated this crime. I've had to spend time getting my signature notarized, faxing it to Texas (six times because their stupid fax machine wasn't working), calling to get details and explaining my side of the story all the while being treated like a criminal, alerting the Utah and Texas driver's license divisions about all of this and losing sleep over it. They will never find who did it. They opened a bogus bank account using my info so there won't be anyway to trace it back to them. And they have probably since moved on through a dozen other people's numbers, causing widespread grief.

I'm a forgiving person and it's been nine years so maybe they are reformed now but here is my hope for them: that their underwear rides up and pinches every time they sit down, that every can they open is half-full, that an expensive major appliance quits working, that their outdoor inflatable pool springs a slow leak, that their laundry detergent gives them the itchies in a place they can't reach, that a neighbor's dog barks incessantly, that they can't find their car keys every third day, that their favorite sweater shrinks in the wash and that every cake they bake falls. I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment