Sunday, May 17, 2009

I love the cabin

Riley, Andrea and I spent the day at the cabin yesterday. The goal was to not have a goal. After many hectic weeks of covering a million piles of responsibilities, I wanted to do nothing. I got my wish. Sort of. I slept in (til 8 a.m.), read in bed until 9 a.m., had cereal (read - no pancakes, no work), and then started cleaning. A friend asked why I included cleaning in my day of nothingness. Because cleaning takes no brain power - it's cathartic in that there is a transformation from before to after, without hurting brain cells to do so. The day also included a walk to the cattails through an area of the property I've never been on. Riley and Andrea and I walked together and they pointed out various birds, insects and plants. Very calming and enjoyable. After an easy lunch of foods that didn't need to be prepared, I read some more and then fell asleep. I don't think I've taken a nap on a Saturday since ... I can't remember when. The day wasn't rushed, there was nothing pressing to get home to, I didn't feel stressed and I accomplished things I didn't even have on my radar. Nice way to spend a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment