Sunday, January 31, 2010

Worried about young women of the church

This morning I attended the training meeting for three different wards holding ward conference today. My calling is in stake Young Women and I love being a part of this organization. Our stake president, James Wilson, gave a sobering thought in his message to us today. He said 30-40 percent of young women are not active in the church once they reach the age of 25. He said leaders need to take a more active role in letting young women know they are accepted and loved. But they also need a strong testimony to help them when they are faced with challenges that would veer them even a little off the path. It hurts my heart. To willingly lose something so precious is unthinkable.

1 comment:

  1. Kaye - this has nothing to do about your post, but I LOVE your new background.

    ReplyDelete