Friday, July 17, 2009

Being a grandma, sort of

I don't have any of my own little grandbabies yet and this isn't a plea for any, just a statement on how fun it is to be a grandma to my little Parker grandkids. Abby, the most vocal of the bunch, calls me "Grandma Kaye," sometimes a couple dozen times in one night - "Grandma Kaye, can I dig in the garden? Grandma Kaye, can I have some ice cream? Grandma Kaye, where's the cat? Grandma Kaye, I want a beetle." I love it. And little Logan isn't too far behind. He's working on the birthday song and putting sentences together. Little Jane and Parker are in the rolling around and crawling stage for now. It's so fun to have these little people in my life and I'm glad I get to fill in for Jera who is the real grandma, or Marmie, as her little folks call her. Just some sweet joys in life.

Oh, and nearly 3-year-old Abby will not be stopped if she has a mind to go visit the compost and garden. The other night she disappeared and Maegan went looking for her. Abby emerged from the compost area, held up her hand to Maegan (indicating "stop") and said "No! No! Let me dig!" So there. She can crunch all the eggshells she wants, even if Riley isn't here to coach her.

1 comment:

  1. You discribed our babies very well. Abby was pretty naughty about playing in the compost. She loves eat'n the dirt and play'n in the dirt! Logan and Abby play so cute together.
    Jera

    ReplyDelete