Sunday, July 19, 2009

My sissy

That's what I call her - my sissy - my one and only sister Jan. We have some good times, me and my sissy. We laugh our heads off, sometimes about the dumbest things. We dress up crazy and eat other people's french fries, (we need to do that again soon) and we have some pretty fun memories from our teen-age years. Mamamamamamamama. (She'll know what that means.) The best thing we do for each other these days is vent and listen. We have some heavy duty things going on right now and we are there for each other, every minute of the day, several times a day, if need be. We get a little weary about stuff but we lift each other up and sort things out and problem solve and put out fires. I'm pretty sure we'd be depressed and frustrated without each other.

I love my sissy - she's been through a lot of crap in life and she's come out on top. I'm pretty amazed at her stamina and she has some incredible lessons to teach others. So for this Sunday, when I want to give thanks for something good in my life, today, it's my sissy. Love ya sissy.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I knew you and Jan pretty well but I never knew you called her sissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's just a nickname - not a commentary on her character. She is definitely "my" sissy but not "a" sissy.

    ReplyDelete