Sunday, July 5, 2009

I love fireworks!

I love fireworks -- the bigger the better! Every year a bunch of friends gather at our house to walk a half block to see the fireworks at the stadium. This year the get-together just didn't materialize for whatever reason. (People had other plans, our patio is covered with construction materials, etc.) Then on Friday, I got word that I could get some free tickets to Stadium of Fire. I've always avoided this event for a couple of reasons - it's really pricey and battling the crowds to get home is a nightmare. Plus, I remember back in the early 80s when Provo had fireworks in Kiwanis Park and everyone got to see them without paying. So I've always been a little miffed at the SOF people.

But free is good and I thought going once wouldn't hurt so I took Jason and Brandy, Kristi, Ben and Logan Parker and we had a great time! We even sat by neighbors and friends. From the flyover of the jets and helicopters to the dancers and fire performers on the field, to the two musical acts I'd never heard in my life - SheDAISY and Jonas Brothers, to the giant flag held up by two cranes to the fantastic fireworks - it was a memorable, enjoyable event. I got lots of pics of fireworks and when Andrea and Amy come home they can show me how to add photos to my blog. (I could figure it out ...)

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to see you guys, eve for a bit! One day I'll get back on the band waggon and do my blog! love ya!Tara

    ReplyDelete