Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My bloody stump of a foot

OK, so this isn't a great title for a blog post but geez - I have one! I split my foot open about 10 days ago. The big metal gate at the cabin caught me wrong and opened a big gash near my heel. I've been told I should have gotten stitches but we had just arrived at the cabin for a night and a day of R and R and I wasn't about to turn around and go back to town for a stupid cut. Riley (Dr. Nelson) bandaged it and I stayed off it Saturday. Later that day my nurse friend Callie steri-stripped it together, telling me I should get a tetanus shot.

I've hobbled around for 10 days now, wearing slippers or my backless shoes to work. I even had a doctor look at it Monday and yes, I got a tetanus shot. It was healing until I bumped it tonight and tore it open again. Arrrrggghhhhh! I'm just going to wear a pillow around my foot until the cut is healed. I'll show it.

2 comments:

  1. it's the begining of the zombie invasion. you think you can trick us by saying it was just the gate that did it? pffft. we all know it was the shouldergeist. and as far as we know, he is carrying the zombie protein...which would mean that you're infested with Undead dna.
    because i love you, i'll keep an eye on you, just in case you make the crossover.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not drooling and my eyes aren't glazed over ... yet.

    ReplyDelete