Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What I am thankful for

Before the busy-ness of today and tomorrow hit (Thanksgiving dinner is at my house), I want to share what I am thankful for. I wrote a gratitude list a couple of posts ago and they still stand. Except for Halloween candy which I am now weaned off of. All candy for that matter.

I'm grateful for life. To get up every morning and breathe. To look out our big sunroom windows at the trees and mountains. I'm grateful for my cats that bookend me on my bed and keep me warm - usually Guida and Heiva. Stella stands on my chest to wake me up. Lupita is just a fruffy gray puddle. Cats are a nice invention.

I'm thankful for the gift of organization. Sometimes it's bothersome but most times, like now as we get my mom's house ready for her, it's a blessing. I've spent 16 hours at her house the past few days and many areas are now organized and ready for her. I'm thankful for Jan, Jason, Brandy, Amy and Paul who helped with the whole process to ready her house. And Comcast and Jay the plumber. I'm thankful for them too.

I'm thankful for food. There's a turkey in the fridge (thanks Jan and NuSkin), potatoes, yams, and other foods ready to prepare. I'm thankful Riley has a good job that sustains our family and for my own job that adds to our income. And that we both love our jobs. Love. our. jobs. I'm thankful for pecans and that we learned how to make and eat pecan pie while we were in Texas. It's the best. But we will still have a pumpkin pie too. And a keylime because that's Andrea's request.

I'm thankful for each family member in the Wheeler and Nelson families. From the tiniest new twin boys born yesterday to Ryan and Wendy Wheeler to the newest baby girl in the Nelson family (the first girl in 23 years) to my 80-year-old mother, I have the best family ever. Riley and my kids are my life - I think they know my life revolves around them. My sissy is one of my best friends. I couldn't ask for a better sister. My brothers are all caring, giving men who lend their love and support in a trying time. My mom is my hero and I love her dearly and suffer along with her as she ages, sometimes with extreme difficulty. And for my "other" family - the Parkers. I get to be grandma Kaye to Logan, Abby, Parker and Jane and a new baby boy next spring. While they aren't my own they give me good practice and I adore each of them. And their parents. And their grandparents who need to come to Utah for a visit.

I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is through his Atonement I have all of these blessings. He gives me new chances every time I make a mistake and all I have to do is remember him. He is my anchor and what drives my thoughts and actions. I love him.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who read this!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great reminder Kaye. Happy Thanksgiving. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect Thanksgiving post. I am thankful for you and your party making ability - oh yeah, and when you hold trash cans for me when I barf. You really do love me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I am grateful for you! moign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i missed this post on thanksgiving! it made me cry with happy tears! can't wait to see you guys soon. we love you back!

    ReplyDelete