Saturday, December 5, 2009

I love this time of year!

I'm ready for the holidays. I told someone that yesterday and they looked so surprised like I was really ready for the holidays. I meant ready to enjoy the holidays, not as in "all the presents are bought and wrapped, my house is decorated and I can sit back and enjoy" the holidays. I'm not sure when I'll have time to do all the things I normally love this time of year. But I am ready to enjoy the sights - lights on houses and lighted Christmas trees in people's front windows, the sounds - I now officially listen to Christmas music, and the smells - well, I can walk into a bakery now and then. Or maybe even create some yummy smells myself. I love this season. I love how people are nicer to each other, how they greet each other. I'm going to say "Merry Christmas" a lot - I know store clerks can't say it but I can and will. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment