Thursday, December 17, 2009

Riley in pain

After a five hour visit to the ER last night it was determined Riley has a kidney stone about the size of New Jersey. It's really 5 mm which is the size of a raised number on a credit card. That's pretty big when you consider where it is and where it has to come out. I don't think men dilate. It's really hard to see him in pain. He rarely takes any kind of medicine and he is rarely sick. So seeing him writhe in pain and pop percocet every four hours is a new experience. The timing of this is sort of fortunate - classes and finals are over, but we have/had plans for Christmas - Park City tomorrow night with college friends, which probably won't happen, dinners here, my mom here for Christmas, the Nelson family here for brunch after Christmas, etc. I hope the little bugger makes his way down and out soon. I named him Spike. I guess he could be Rocky too.

No comments:

Post a Comment