Friday, December 25, 2009

A beautiful day!

I loved Christmas this year more than in year's past. It was unhurried, scaled-back and simple. It had to be that way because Riley's been sick and I've been in charge of creating a schedule of caregivers for my mom for two weeks (and take care of her too, before, during and after Christmas). Those two things alone made me rethink if I really needed to decorate all out (I didn't), give neighbor gifts (I didn't except for a couple), buy a lot of gifts (I didn't and a lot of what I did buy I got online and it came straight to my door) or cook a lot. I didn't need to cook many goodies because of the mound of stuff that came to us from loving friends and neighbors. Next year I'm going to look for a good excuse to scale back again. Maybe that's just a good thing to learn, for whatever reason.

“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas … perhaps … means a little bit more!” --How the Grinch Stole Christmas

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! And amen to scaling back and not feeling guilty for it. It was so fun to spend part of today with you guys. Thanks again for brunch. It's always yummy and fun at the Nelsons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scaled back and your home still looked festive and we still had tons of fun! Merry Christmas mama Kaye.

    ReplyDelete